Be one of the first of 10 readers to comment on this post and receive a FREE website analysis from the Real Estate Marketing Blog Team!
Besides wanting your participation, the above is an example of a call to action.
Without well defined calls to action, a website is considered to be incomplete. One of the benefits of having a website is that you can control what you want your visitors to do on your site. If you want them to primarily look at specific featured properties and provide you with their information for additional property details, then you can and should make this your most prominent call to action on your website.
A call to action is a strategically planned marketing / sales promotion message that urges a visitor to take an immediate action that you define.
Real Estate Websites with Calls to Action
It always helps to see what an example is of a website that effectively uses calls to action to increase their conversion rates. Here are a few websites that have done a great job with their calls to action…
Example: Jake Marsh, Re/Max Affinity Group
Analysis: Jake utilizes his homepage flash presentation well to rotate out his most common / important calls to action
Example: Philly Condo Store, Sotheby’s International Realty – Kurfiss
Analysis: PhillyCondoStore makes their Condo Search service very prominent and attractive
Example: Intero Real Estate
Analysis: Intero effectively uses the area above the fold on their homepage to offer up their most common real estate calls to action making it very easy for visitors to find the information they need
Most Common Real Estate Calls to Action
Do not make the common mistake of over complicating things. The majority of visitors of real estate websites are primarily looking to do the following things:
1) Search Featured Properties
2) Search the MLS
3) Get a Home Evaluation
4) Get Market Information
5) Find Community Information
6) Get Advice from a Real Estate Professional
It is important to keep these primary actions in mind when planning your calls to action. Many times people get a little carried away by offering things too far outside the scope of what people actually want the most. Keep things simple, clear and enticing and your website will convert your visitors into leads at higher rates than it ever has.
Real Estate Calls to Action
If you are having trouble getting creative with your website’s calls to action or just need some ideas on where to start, then feel free to use the following list of real estate calls to action to kick things off.
1. See examples of how we matched our clients with their dream homes.
2. Read this newsletter and start saving tomorrow.
3. Contact us today for a free report on real estate investments in City, State.
4. Call now for a free home matching consultation.
5. Learn how to buy a home for less than you are paying rent.
6. Buy your next home for less than the cost of paying rent.
7. Subscribe now for free tips on foreclosures and short sales.
8. Enroll in our real estate investment class and increase your earning potential.
9. Call us today at 800-550-1650 and ask about current promotions.
10. Read how to save thousands on your next home.
11. Relax. Finding Your Next Home is Just a Click Away.
12. Watch this free video on making the most of your next home purchase.
13. See how we’re helping our clients find their dream homes.
14. Take our home buyers quiz / poll.
15. Download The 10 Biggest Mistakes Home Sellers Make.
NOTE: Keep in mind, you want your website to be unique, so try not to just rely on these examples or things you have seen on other real estate websites. There are so many real estate website options on the Internet as it is already for homebuyers and sellers so try to make your website stand out. Having a unique call to action is a great way to make your website stand out.
Calls to action are so important for the success of your website so really put the time and thought into coming up with something actionable and enticing for your website. Work with your real estate website designer / developer to implement these calls to action and make sure to carry these calls to action throughout all of your marketing whenever possible to enforce them and keep things consistent.
Good luck and let us know if you need some more real estate call to action inspiration.
Related Posts on Increasing Your Website’s Conversion Rates:
UPDATE: Smashing Magazine just posted a fantastic article on examples of call to action buttons that should be helpful when deciding what to use. Enjoy!