In the complicated world of Google Adwords advertising, which includes a multitude of variables; understanding and gauging factors like CPC, match options, keyword selection, landing page optimization, it can be confusing starting out, to say the least! The sad reality is that, it is! And worse, there are few quick fixes out there besides digging in the dirt, spending money on keywords, and troubleshooting the campaigns as you go. Notice I said "Very few quick fixes", as you’ve come to the right place for what I feel are important simple things you should use as a checklist when launching a new Real Estate marketing campaign. Here then, are a few simple tips on enhancing and improving your Google Adwords campaigns:
- Use more defined keyword matching options, like exact" and "phrase match"
- Use the Google Keyword Tool to define keyword ideas.
- Turn off content network.
- If setting up a content network campaign, set it up separately, and modify the keywords into more theme-based and defined.
- Use the rotate option when beginning the campaign, for at least a week, to allow Google to clearly define what are the better-performing keywords.
- Don’t let your overall keyword list get out of hand. Advertising for "2nd luxury homes that are relocating to Atlanta" might be creating a drag on your campaign quality scores. Keep a nice, tight group of related phrases and themes.
- Do you have more than 30 keyword phrases? Why?
Common sense, mixed with a great sales pitch and a few technical tips will insure the inquiries, leads, and feedback to make your advertising message a success!